Job Summary: To assist warehouse manager with warehouse duties
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving and checking all goods inwards
- Daily Pick and Pack of stocks
- Doing clerical jobs for Warehouse manager
- Dispatching all goods outwards.
- Keeping warehouse clean and tidy.
- Checking for damaged stock and reporting any damage to warehouse manager.
- Doing any errands that warehouse manager may require.
- During slack periods, assisting with any office duties that the office manager may require
- Maintain all material handling equipment in good working
- Maintains spreadsheets reflecting on hand inventory / pallet contents and locations as requested by the Warehouse manager
- Assists the Warehouse manager to maintain and file all warehouse documents
- Perform duties assigned by Warehouse manager related to the requisition, reception, storage, and disbursement of materials
- Advises the Warehouse manager on stock levels and minimum stock quantities
- Select space and prepare stock for storage, and place materials in designated areas.
- Protect stock from destruction, abuse, fire, and theft.
- Supervises unload and offloading of incoming stock and prepares warehouse documents to record this movement
- Check requisitions and physically inspect materials to ensure accurate quantity, type, and
acceptable quality and quantity
- Prepare and confirm order, delivery notes and gate passes for delivery to customers
- Disburse stock, and maintain records of materials issued.
- Assists the Warehouse manager to maintain computer records of inventory by entering and retrieving information related to receipt, storage, and disbursement of materials.
- Purchase materials and authorize warehouse expenditure within established limits of authority.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as required.
- Respond to general questions from the public, contractors, and other City employees.
- Perform duties of warehouse supervisor in his/her absence.
- preparing orders for dispatch by supervising loaders and ensuring that orders are filled accurately and efficiently,
- continually striving for improved customer satisfaction
- liaise with transporter for delivery of goods to customers
- Conducts necessary follow-up and tracking to finalize customer order dispatches
- Assists the Warehouse manager to investigates and resolves problems regarding customer order dispatches
- Advises the warehouse manager to prepare requisitions for restocking and replacement of warehouse items.
- Input and retrieve data from the computerized inventory control system
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Mark materials, label bins, and identify warehouse stock.
- Assist in monthly and annual warehouse inventory.
- Receives shipments, inspect for proper quantity and quality, and distributes materials directly to customers, or stored in inventory at proper locations within the warehouse.
- Maintains records and files in support of warehousing function and duties.
- Perform general organization and clean-up of storage facilities.
- Other duties as assigned by management and the warehouse manager
- Good communication and articulate (verbal & written)
- Achievement focus with ability to get things done.
- Good negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Advanced Organizational skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Be a team player, competitive, confident and focused.
- Advanced driving skills.
- Diploma in Business related course or Procurement
- Ability to understand principles of warehousing and its practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge in Ms. Office suite, preferably word and Excel.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Warehouse Assistant on the Subject line.