Are you a creative, dynamic and passionate advocate for a future where humans live in harmony with nature?
WWF Regional Office for Africa (ROA) is seeking to recruit an outstanding and committed individual to fill the following position:
Position title: Fundraising and Partnerships Manager, Africa
Location: WWF ROA Office in Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Director, Regional Office of Africa
Mission of the Department: To help the WWF Africa Offices and the Network grow in strength and influence
by leading a partnership and resource mobilisation strategy for WWF Africa to generate sustainable resources
for conservation and organisational needs.
Major Functions: The post holder will advise and support WWF Africa Offices develop and implement their
resource mobilisation strategy , with a focus on developing strategic public and private sector partnerships
with global and regional companies and institutional donors.
The post holder will initially focus on a fund raising initiative aimed at raising funds for WWF Africa’s Transformational Project Initiatives.
Longer term, the role will focus on growing the diversity of funding across Africa offices and from within Africa, and broadening the portfolio of donors to include foundations and high net worth individuals supporting WWF Africa’s conservation work, both within and outside of Africa.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads a compelling fundraising initiative for Africa’s Transformational Project Initiatives with a focus on
developing strategic public and private sector partnerships with global and regional institutional donors,
companies, and high net worth individuals.
- Keeps Africa Country Offices abreast of WWF growth context, fundraising strategy development,
approaches, and tools that lead the development and delivery of income targets that leverages the unique
strengths of WWF to achieve Africa’s ambitious targets for growth.
- Advises and supports Africa Country Offices on developing robust and appropriate resource mobilisation
strategies to raise funds from public and private sources, including Government Aid Agencies, foundations,
corporations, HNWI and other potential streams of income from within and outside of Africa.
- Supports country corporate engagements, in line with WWF policies and approaches, and in close
coordination with the global corporate engagement teams.
- Monitors the performance of all WWF Africa offices in terms of fundraising and partnerships and makes
recommendations for improvement as appropriate. Provides income and performance analysis and
information on local office performance;
- Works closely with the global fundraising director and public and private partnerships leads and is an
active member of the relevant fundraising and partnership communities of fundraising;
- Acts as focal point for NO fundraising and partnership teams and Public Sector Partnerships focal points on
global as well as regional funding opportunities;
- Manages a Community of Practice of Fundraisers and Partnership managers for Africa;
- Performs other duties as requested by the line manager.
- A first degree in management, business administration, marketing, or other relevant field.
- At least 6 years’ professional experience in leading resource mobilisation or income generation functions preferably for a non-profit organisation.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in French and other languages that are widely used at an international level is a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of income modelling and budget setting
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Track record of achieving income targets, ideally in a partnership or fundraising function
- Experience in developing partnerships with corporations and/public sector organisations
- Knowledge and experience of the not-for-profit sector, preferably of environmental non-governmental
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including the ability to build a team of highly motivated and well
qualified staff to achieve results.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, including a talent for crystallizing key strategic options for
discussion and decision.
- Superlative diplomatic and communication skills, including an ability to work and communicate
effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals (individual donors, business leaders, public figures,
WWF staff), within a broad range of cultural environments.
- Fully supportive of WWF’s mission and global priorities.
- Must be committed to equal opportunity employment policies.
Internal: Policy & Partnerships Director, Communications and Marketing Director, Deputy Regional Directors,
Finance and Operations Director, People and Organisational Development Director, Organisational
Development and Change Director, Africa Fundraising and Partnerships contacts; WWF International Global
Fundraising Director and Partnerships Directors, WWF Network office fundraising and partnership staff and
communities of practice.
External: External partners, fundraising consultants and suppliers, fundraising consultants, researchers.
How to apply?
If you have a knack of developing and executing robust and appropriate resource mobilisation strategies, possess Superlative diplomatic and communication skills, including the ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals, a track record of achieving income targets, ideally in a partnership or fundraising function, and demonstrated leadership abilities, this is the perfect job for you.
Upload your CV and a cover letter addressed to People & Organisation Development Director, Africa clearly indicating the position applied for on the subject line to: email@example.com by 9th December 2016.
We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.