The first officer’s job description includes the following (but is not limited to):
- Responsible for safety and security of the aircraft, passengers and Cargo on board, as far as his duties are concerned; and in the absence of the commander for any reason.
- Maintain familiarity with the airway’s Operations Manual as are necessary to fulfil his/her function both professionally and safely
- Assist the commander as requested, concerning any administrative duties in relation to the flight
- Support the Commander in the maintenance of a proper standards of crew discipline, conduct and personal appearance
- Carrying out such duties concerning the flight in accordance with the airline’s operating policies and procedures, as are allocated to him by the Commander
- Confirming the safe navigation of the aircraft, maintaining a continuous and independent check upon both the geographical position of the aircraft. Ensuring safe terrain and weather clearance
- Conducting the flight in compliance with the current flight plan, SOPs and the Commander’s instructions when the Commander is not at the controls, and to subsequently notify the Commander of any change to the current flight plan, ATC or geographical position upon his return
- Providing such advice, information and assistance without hesitation if required, to the Commander as may contribute favourably towards the safe and efficient conduct of the flight
- Maintaining a high personal standard of discipline, conduct and appearance as a representative of the company at all times.
- In the event of a Commander being incapacitated, the highest ranking Co-Pilot assigned to the flight shall assume command.
- A minimum of 350 hours total flying time
- Unrestricted, current Class 1 medical.
- English Language Fluency ( written and verbal ) Level 4 or better
- In case of hours accumulated on flights with in-flight relief, 75% of the total hours shall be counted towards the required minimums.
- Be a holder of updated licenses
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2550”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2550 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 7th December 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.