ICT Job Vacancies
We are a Group of companies comprising of Schools / Academies and Engineering / Construction Industry with HQ at Mombasa, Kenya.
As part of our growth strategy, we are looking to employ qualified, experienced and mature persons in IT/ICT positions.
Industry Type: Engineering Construction & Education
Functional Area: Construction / Maintenance / ICT
Location: East Africa, Somalia, DR Congo and Zambia
Nature of Job: Full time
Nature of Job: Full time
This position is part of Group of Companies and responsible for the implementation and maintenance of computers and server infrastructure across multiple data centres and different regions.
The team will support visualization technologies used within the company and is responsible for creation of new and the maintenance of existing virtual machines
Develop manual test procedure for new Schedule, portable and Operations website features. Update testing procedures according to changing requirements and new features
Coordinate testing , software releases, bug reporting and bug fixes with developers, work with end-users to identify usage bottlenecks and requirements.
The main duties include;
- Operational support and management of IT infrastructure i.e. servers, firewalls, VPNs, e.t.c
- Operational support and management of virtualization layers (VMware)
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving problems within a very limited time-frame.
- Analyzing systems and suggesting work around and fixes for problems.
- Maintenance of assets registers for all hardware and software.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Relevant IT certificates and competencies such as MCSE ,CCNA,CCNP or Linux is mandatory.
- Professional certification in either vendor specific or industry standards will be an added advantage.
Experience & Skills:
- Must have 5+ years’ experience working on mid- to large-sized commercial or civil construction projects;
- Hands on professional experience with Enterprise class firewalls (Huawei firewalls, cyber roam firewalls, CISCO ASA), routers and network switchers;
- Working knowledge of network security, intrusion detection systems, authentications mechanisms, encryption technologies, and networking protocols including SMPT,HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, AND SNMP
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- A high degree of integrity and dependability.
- Demonstrated high management capability and competence in computerized information systems
- Should have a valid passport
- Please indicate a summary of projects handled in your CV.
- This is a senior position and a competitive compensation package plus benefits will be offered to the selected candidate.
How to Apply
Send your application and scanned testimonials including recent photo by email not later than 10th December 2016.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com