- Serves customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force.
- Responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the VP Business Development as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products.
- Be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests during site visits, product demonstrations and farm shows/ conferences.
- Works with VP Business Development to identify and qualify new accounts.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Assists in recruitment, hiring, training and management of Technician staff in new site installations, operator training, maintenance and repair visits.
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Prepares sales engineering reports when requested by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; recommending options and courses of action.
- Able to respond to technical elements in written proposals.
- Able to travel to all unit sites and to headquarters.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering; Mechanical engineering (most preferred), electrical engineering, agricultural engineering, Thermodynamics or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience.
- At least 3 years experience in technical sales.
- Must have held a position in technical sales.
- Experience working with boilers and engines is highly desirable and experience in agriculture or food processing will also be seen as an advantage.
- Problem Solving, Product Knowledge, Selling to Customer Needs, Informing Product Development, Presentation Skills, Technical Understanding, Process Engineering, Verbal Communication, Requirements Analysis, Fluent in Swahili.
- Must be willing to spend at least 50% visiting rural areas.
- Self-motivated, comfortable in an environment with very little structure or oversight and is passionate about learning.
- Passionate about farmer’s welfare; cares about increasing farmers income and offering clean, affordable energy.
- Ready to work in a start up environment.
- Ability to relate to a broad range of business people, technical people and farmers.
- Outgoing and enjoys working with people.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2541”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2541 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 16th December 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.