AFEX, a Lonrho company, provides camp construction, catering, management and logistics support to the Oil and Gas, Mining, UN and NGO sectors, in some of the most remote corners of Africa.
With headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, AFEX provides international standard service delivery, combined with 30 years of regional operational experience.
The AFEX Team is dedicated to ensuring clients have peace of mind that their projects will run on schedule and to budget, with their personnel being cared for to a high international standard.
AFEX wishes to recruit a competent, innovative and self-driven person to fill the following position:
House Keeping Supervisor
- Supervise housekeepers and laundry stewards to ensure that a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness is maintained at the AFEX camp.
- Ensure that rooms are properly stocked with the correct supplies and that any client issues are dealt with quickly and corrective action implemented immediately.
- Develop all housekeepers, laundry staff and cleaners to ensure that all work performed is to a high standard and compliant with AFEX rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all rooms are cleaned daily, room supplies replenished and the bedding changed as per standards.
- Efficiently allocate tasks daily to CSA, ensuring even distribution of workload.
- Ensure that sufficient stocks of consumables (minimum of 30 days) and bedding are being held in the stores and check the inventory records daily
- Perform checks on the rooms, laundry and stores to ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with AFEX policies and QHSE procedures
- Collate feedback on maintenance work needed in the rooms and send to the Camp Manager and Maintenance Supervisor daily
- Ensure that a rota set up and implemented, for fumigation and other regular preventative activities
- Work with Camp Manger to manage the staff rotations and ensure sufficient staff levels
- Ensure that all staff have current and valid fit to work and medical records
- Motivate and enhance staff performance by identifying areas that need development and helping them to improve
- Together with HR, plan and deliver in-house training to AFEX employees to enable them to provide a quality service to the clients
o Identify gaps in skills & competence in Housekeeping, laundry and cleaning staff
o With HR develop and deliver targeted training and refresher modules, to improve standard of work and help staff become multi-skilled
o Request feedback and monitor performance to ensure improvement in quality of work
o Work with QHSE to train on compliance with national, local and company rules and regulations and proper use / handling of equipment and products.
o Develop basic training standard for all staff and an intermediate / advanced training for supervisors and camp managers.
- Handle any client complaints, ensuring that the issue is resolved and that the client receives feedback. Ensure that difficult issues are quickly passed up to the Manager to avoid them becoming a problem. All complaints must be written up at the end of the day and sent to the Camp Manager
- Look to identify areas for efficiencies and savings in the Housekeeping department
- To understand the AFEX requirement for QHSE in the workplace including employee and team responsibilities, to ensure continuous adherence to QHSE policies, procedures and work instructions and to proactively promote a quality, health and safety approach in all areas of your work.
- Work in full accordance with AFEX Group policies, procedures, work instructions and all relevant elements of AFEX Management Systems;