Job Vacancy: Business Development and Sales Manager
To plan and carry out business development and direct sales activities.
To increase sales of the services in accordance with agreed business plans.
Qualifications and Experience:
A minimum 5 years’ experience in the Logistics sector and holding recognized qualifications in Freight Forwarding.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Retaining existing customers and winning incremental revenue from them.
- Working in close liaison with the General Manager and Operations Managers to draw up proposals, agreements sand other documentation for customers.
- Preparing quotations for:
a. Air, sea, road, imports and exports worldwide.
b. Local and international projects and tenders.
- Conducting regular sales visits to customers; producing and sharing follow up reports.
- Preparing customer profiles; folders for quotations submitted; and files for follow up in order to maintain an up to date database.
- Preparing monthly sales reports to the Accounts Department for the purpose of determining market share and profitability.
- Collaborating with internal departments to provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Running regular customer feedback surveys, and sharing the results to drive service improvements.
- Maintaining a proactive and collaborative approach to problem solving for customers.
- Maintaining a close liaison with the Operations Department to support them in maintaining a close relationship with customers.
- Collaborating with the Operations Department to develop right solutions for customers; and guide shippers on any special shipments that involve high risks, lengthy documentation and special customs procedures.
- Prospecting for, and converting, new customers.
- Presenting the organizations to prospects, using the company profile and details of services offered.
- Preparing new collateral materials to support business development efforts.
- Prepare and submit all tenders quotes and thereupon make effective follow ups till tender is converted into actual profitable business.
- Maintaining ISO certification and updating when required.
- Liaising effectively with the Group Associates in the Region to develop mutual business opportunities.
- Achieving real growth on all products and services offered in East Africa, South Sudan, Rwanda and Burundi.
- Assist in creating effective SOPs between the company and its global network partner with a view to developing a seamless partnership and increasing mutual business.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Business Development & Sales Manager on the Subject line.