Our client, the Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) is the regulatory authority for the communications sector in Kenya.
Established in 1999 by the Kenya Information and Communications Act 1998, the Authority is responsible for facilitating the development of the Information and Communications sectors including, broadcasting, multimedia, telecommunications, electronic commerce, postal and courier services.
Due to recent re-organization, the Authority is seeking to strengthen the management team by recruiting a suitably qualified Kenyan to fill the following exciting and challenging position:
Assistant Director General, Regulation and Access
Reporting to the Director General, the Assistant Director General, Regulation and Access is a member of Senior Executive team and is responsible for providing strategic direction, leadership and advice on the Competition Tariffs and Market Analysis, Licensing Compliance and Standards and Legal Services divisions of the Authority.
The successful candidates must demonstrate competencies in:
- Leadership including influencing, persuasion and negotiation abilities:
- Interpersonal relations,
- Strategic management;
- Managerial competencies in planning, coordination, analysis and problem solving;
- Creativity, innovation and risk management awareness; and
- Team player.
Chapter Six Requirements
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience and quoting the respective reference number on your application letter.
To be considered, your application must be received by Friday 3rd February 2017 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited Deloitte Place,
Waiyaki Way Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.