Exciting careers for a career person
The Company: Del Monte Kenya Limited located in Thika – Kenya is a leading producer marketer and distributor of premium quality foods, fresh and processed pineapple fruit and fruit juice beverages.
As part of our commitment to meeting our performance objectives, we are looking for a top class individuals to fill vacant positions in Engineering Department.
Position: Plant Mechanic
The Job: Report to Workshop Supervisor
Key Result Areas
- Repairing, servicing and maintenance of all types of heavy earth moving agricultural equipment and implements, motor vehicles, motor cycles and other small equipment.
- Overhaul of engines, gear boxes and differential units.
- Carrying out Wheel balancing and alignment.
- Trouble shooting and repair of hydraulic systems.
- Preparation and submission of reports.
- Field service repair operations.
- Carrying out Calibration of equipment.
- Maintaining good Housekeeping and Workplace Safety at all times.
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Aged between 25 to 35 years.
- Must have KCSE certificate Mean Grade C (Plain) and above.
- Holder of a Diploma or its equivalent in Agricultural Engineering/Plant Engineering, or Biomechanical &
- Minimum 3 Years hands on working experience in a busy Agricultural or Plant/Construction Engineering Workshop.
- Knowledge and experience in Mechatronic Engineering, Hydraulics, Electrical and Welding activities plus a Valid Driving License Class BCE will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of Preventive Maintenance practices on Agricultural/Plant equipments.
- A valid certificate of good conduct.
- Must have a complete tool box.
Position: Fitter Welders (2 Posts)
The Jobs: Report to Workshop Supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- Interpreting plans and fabricating
- Performing general maintenance
- House keeping