Job Profile: Head of Business Development
Introduction & Purpose: Our client is a leading provider of financial (actuarial, employee benefits and retirement fund administration) and risk services (corporate risk and insurance broker) internationally.
They are seeking a Competent and well-fitting Head of Business development, to proactively work to improve the Company’s market position and achieve financial growth.
Define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Division / Department: Business Development
Reporting structure: Group CEO
Key Result Areas
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging networks.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals / tenders that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in the pricing of products /services.
- Participate in product development across the business
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Develop and implement annual marketing strategies in order to deliver business targets
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in business opportunities.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s
Management & Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that a prerequisite (like prequalification) is fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development and sales & marketing training and mentoring to the Business Development team.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continue to enhance the company’s performance.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||