ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Kenya to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position under the new PMTCT Adolescent Project:
Job Title: Adolescent Project Coordinator
Location: Kisumu with travel to health facilities in Nyanza
Overall Job Function: Under the supervision of the in-country Project Director, the Project Coordinator will provide overall and day-to-day management of the implementation of this demonstration project, including reviewing facility data quality, monitoring adherence to the project SOPs and ethics protocol.
This position will be based at the ICAP Nyanza office with extensive travel between the facilities.
- Assist with the development of training materials and SOPs and in coordinating the conduct of trainings for health care workers and adolescent/youth peer educators on adolescent friendly services
- Assist in developing appropriate project indicators, data collection tools and training materials for health care workers and adolescent/youth peer educators on adolescent friendly services
- Assist with project start up including overseeing the initial mapping exercise and overseeing procurement of all necessary supplies and renovations
- Supervise on site Data Managers including regular monitoring of data quality
- Conduct frequent (weekly/biweekly) trips to project sites to monitor adherence to project SOPs