The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – Catholic Secretariat
Introduction: The KCCB – Catholic Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
It is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the following key position.
- To plan, organize and implement accounting operations and objectives; coordinates and integrates all activities toward achievement of established goals and objectives,
- To ensure all functions and programs under charge are performed within established budgetary parameters, to include performing cost control activities, monitoring revenues and expenditures, and ensuring sound fiscal control;
- To prepare fiscal documentation regarding accounting activities, e.g., weekly, monthly and annual reports,
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet accounts for all funds,
- To plan, manage, coordinate, and implement the year end closing processes and procedures for the assigned accounting records; conducts year-end closing process; provides information to financial auditors; conducts standard internal audits of various accounting records;
- To ensure adherence to generally accepted accounting standards and principles; ensures maintenance of proper audit trails and verification and reconciliation actions for all processed work,
- To evaluate receipts, expenditure forms, purchase orders, distributions, and disbursement orders for the purpose of ensuring compliance with policies,
- To perform verification and reconciliation tasks for invoices/ receipts/ balances according to department checks and balances procedures,
- Ensure proper set up and running of accounting systems,
- Compilation and combination of financial reports,
- Preparation of the audit files,