Job Vacancy: Psychological Counsellor
The Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) is a non-profit organization with its headquarters in Kisumu dedicated to improving reproductive health of men and women.
NRHS has several research projects related to HIV prevention and reproductive health. It runs support groups for PLWHA and Key Populations, and is working with the Ministry of Health to scale up male circumcision for HIV prevention.
NRHS is undertaking research to assess HIV prevention, treatment and care among a key population group in Kisumu.
The specific study activities include support counselling, alcohol and drug abuse counselling, HIV testing and counselling, care and treatment, behavioural assessments and promotion of adherence to treatment.
NRHS seeks highly a qualified candidate for the following position in the Anza Mapema study.
Job Title: Psychological Counsellor
Reporting To: Project Coordinator
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide counselling on HIV risk-reduction behaviour.
- Provide general psychosocial counselling
- Provide alcohol and drug abuse counselling and support
- Coordinate support group meetings for HIV negative and positive individuals.
- Administer consent to eligible study participants.
- Offer on-going counselling to clients.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||