Terre des hommes Foundation, Kenya
Terms of Reference for Senior Program Consultant to fully lead on the full development of the program proposal and accompanying budget
Length of engagement: approx. 27 January to 24 February 2017
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) has operated in Kenya since 2011, and in Dadaab since 2012 in Child Protection (REF. https://www.tdh.ch/en/our-interventions/kenya for further details).
Tdh is funded in Dadaab by the U.S. Department of State Bureau for Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM).
A new funding cycle is to be announced imminently and Tdh seeks a consultant to embed with the Kenya team and lead on the full development of the program proposal and accompanying budget.
The release date of the funding call is estimated to be around the end of January 2017 with a due date three or four weeks following the release date.
Specifically, the consultant shall, among other key activities:
1. Abide by Tdh global and Kenya office policies and procedures including the Terre des hommes Child Safeguarding Policy.
2. As an essential responsibility, demonstrate a clarity of understanding and close familiarity with the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action and the UNHCR Child Protection Framework.
3. Review pertinent core documents provided by Tdh Kenya for pre-deployment familiarisation and preparation; conduct necessary consultations on program plans, strategies, and other conceptual areas with essential staff; and, prepare and present a conceptual framework of proposed project/inception report.
4. Further prep in Nairobi for two days for deciding with Country Representative and Child Protection Program Manager on the approach of the proposal development, subsequent plan, outputs in line with new PRM proposal templates and formats.
5. Seven days in Dadaab with the Child Protection Program Manager for stakeholder consultations and workshop facilitation with the Tdh Child Protection team and support staff for the formulation of appropriate background, objectives, indicators, activities, etc.
6. Finalization in Nairobi of the budget and budget narrative with Country Representative and Logistics Admin and Finance Manager.
7. Draft narrative for review by HQ, Department of Children’s Services, and UNHCR. Seek support letters where needed.
8. Finalize all documents for submission to HQ for review and for HQ submission to PRM according to the donor’s deadline.