United States International University – Africa, situated in Nairobi, Kenya is the most diverse university in East and Central Africa with more than 6500 students from 62 nations, and a global network of more than 16,000 alumni.
Only USIU-Africa’s 23 degree programs have local and American accreditation in Sub-Saharan Africa.
In line with USIU-Africa’s commitment to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms, the University is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the position of Principal Institutional Research Officer in the Office of Institutional Research, in the Division of University Advancement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Conducting research, reviewing relevant information, studying trends, both internal and external, and providing business counsel for evaluation and adoption by the Division
- Studying the market and interpreting research data to advise the Division on appropriate interventions
- Consultancy and support in research activities and Statistical Methods.
- Organizing, analyzing, storage and dissemination of Institutional Data.
- Conducting Institutional Surveys and Studies.
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive institutional research program that will support strategic planning, evidence-based decision making, and outcomes assessment.
- Identify problem areas, such as admission patterns, fiscal and management analysis and sources of financial support in order to develop research procedures
- Coordinate the collection and presentation of statistical analyses of relevant institutional data and key performance indicators to support institutional decision-making.
- Improve existing data collection strategies and develop new approaches and procedures for the collection and analysis of institutional data.
- Ensure the university’s compliance with CUE and WASC reporting requirements; provide dissemination of compiled research reports and completion of external surveys.
- Work to enhance effective data and information flow between the programs, the management and partnering with other offices, faculty and staff to enhance university-wide data collection.
- Perform inferential statistical analysis and data mining activities using available tools (SPSS, STATA, etc.) to interpret results and identify trends.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for data collection and reporting processes to ensure data integrity.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive data warehouse system to house periodic reports.
- Provide technical guidance and support to departments on the completion of external surveys for various agencies including support for institutional self-study, accreditation, assessment and program review.
- Identifying knowledge gap in these areas of data collection and statistical analysis
- Conducting trainings and workshops to upgrade skills in maintaining institutional and students’ data.
- Translate institutional data into business advisory for each division, school or unit for proactive interventions.
- Develop and review business performance indicators in view of the full market dynamics, proposing strategic interventions for business growth.
- Study and inform Management of the business trends, both internal and external for strategy review and implementation.
- Strategic plan review, monitoring and evaluation; supporting each business unit to effectively implement the plans in a timely manner.
- Business planning, providing forecasts, targets, turnover plans to divisional and unit heads that will assure planned growth of USIU-Africa.
- Provide business intelligence and strategies to the Management Board to spur USIU-Africa to market leadership.
- Represent the Director, University Advancement in various committees as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or any other relevant Social Sciences with bias in quantitative and qualitative analysis, from an accredited university.
- 5 years’ experience in business planning, research and data management
- (Experience in higher education market will be preferred.)