Wamunyu Self-Help Group
Wamunyu, Machakos County – Kenya
Vacancy Announcement: Accountant
Wamunyu Self-help Group has received funding from the United States African Development Foundation (USADF) towards its slaughter house business.
USADF is an independent Agency of the US government that operates at local levels in Africa in support of economic development.
For the successful implementation of the grant, Wamunyu SHG project is seeking to hire an Accountant who will work with the Enterprise manager to implement the grant in achieving set objectives.
Location: Wamunyu – Machakos County;
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds;
Reports to: Enterprise Manager
The Accountant to be based in Wamunyu and working within the framework of a Wamunyu SHG project, the incumbent will have to be responsible for the following as his/her primary duties:
- Accounting role.
- Being in charge of preparing and keeping cashbooks/journals and developing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports. Receiving and filing project correspondence/documents (especially financial correspondence/documents) and circulating them – if so required – only to board and Donor/Partner staff as required.
- Assist in logistical and procurement activities as required
- Facilitating, supporting and assisting in all internal control mechanisms and audit-related activities.
- Facilitating, supporting and assisting in processing project-related payments.
- Ensuring proper documentation of enterprise-related activities.
- Ensuring proper filing of all project related documentation with necessary back ups
- Handling and management of petty cash
- Calculating and submitting local tax returns and other statutory payments in a timely manner
- Maintaining the payroll based on approved time sheets and other Project requirements
- Completing Bank reconciliations and documenting all financial transactions
- Identifying business development opportunities for Wamunyu and discussing their implementation as required
- Conducting market research activities and designing market analysis as required
- The Accountant will perform all duties related to his/her position and additional duties that may be assigned from time to time