An Exciting Opportunity
Zetech University is the premier university for the education of Technology, Science and Business programmes, offering an exceptional learning experience to thousands of youth from Kenya and beyond.
Our Mission is to provide holistic education and foster a culture of integrity, hard work, research innovation and creativity towards problem solving and lifelong skills.
We are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of an Accounts Clerk.
Reporting to the Finance Officer, the position holder will, among other duties, be responsible for:
- Accurate and timely preparation of GL ledgers-Loan Accounts, Petty cash, Withholding Taxes, bank charges & commissions;
- Preparation of accurate financial statements and intercompany accounts;
- Smooth banking operations by ensuring timely preparation of documents necessary and timely disbursement of funds;
- Organizing all the documents required for payment processing and initiate the payment process. This includes but not limited to Invoices and delivery notes, Utility bills, Petty cash Vouchers, Contracts;
- Timely preparation and issuance of cheques to the payee;
- Cash reimbursements and reporting back Policy implementation by ensuring all monies is accounted for;
- Updating of cheque register both online and hand copy for easy referencing for the period;
- Ensuring caution fee refunds are processed in time and issued in the most convenient way;
- Ability to solve problems, to deal with clients and protect the corporate image by giving accurate information that flows across the department;
- Timely communication to the customers on payment processing status and cheque collection dates.