Job Title: Supervisor
Department: Food & Beverage
Job Grade: Grade 6
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Position Supervised: Captain, Waiters
- The Supervisor is responsible for co-ordinating the functions and activities of the restaurant with the restaurant employees.
- To assist in overseeing and directing all aspects of the restaurant under the general guidance and direction of the Restaurant Manager, or his/her delegate and within the limits of the established Intercontinental Hotels Group policies and procedures.
- To be the main person responsible for assisting in the overall running of the restaurant operations and supervises all the staff under him/her in the absence of the Restaurant Manager or Asst. Restaurant Manager.
- To identify and anticipate guest needs by ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
Key Relationships: Key relationships will include but not limited to Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Front Office, Accounts, Health Centre, Engineering, Guests Relations etc.
Key Job Responsibilities:
1) Supervise the day-to-day functioning of the assigned areas by controlling the following points.
2) Control all stocks and keep necessary stocks available stored in the appropriated way.
3) Ensure that all service preparations are made and ready for service in accordance with the hotel standards.
4) Serve customers according to the set standards, by taking their orders, posting their bills, collecting and serving the orders.
5) Ensure presentation and settlement of the bills.
6) Promote all menu items and special promotions.
7) Assist in implementing and controlling of control mechanism by:
- Using all IHC standards in F&B control
- Observing and spot checking assigned outlets
- Controlling the billing procedures for the restaurant, by ensuring that food and drinks are properly accounted and paid for.
8) Ensuring that cashiering irregularities are reported to the restaurant Manager.
9) Ensure that effective communication is carried out to all staff reporting to you and that you keep an effective communication to your superior.
10) Ensure that all-vital communication is recorded in written form.
11) Ensure that the monthly one to one meeting with the Restaurant Manager is kept and that all documentation is up to date.
12) Establish and follows personal development plan.
13) Conduct continuous job performance evaluation of the staff in the outlet.
14) To formulate training needs and prepare training plans for the staff and train them where possible under the guidance of the Restaurant Manager.
15) Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor from time to time.
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations
- Comply with company grooming and uniform standards.
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self development.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- Understand and anticipate guest needs
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Be able to promote the hotel (and InterContinental Hotels Group generally) products and services.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about all InterContinental Hotels Group hotels in our region and all F&B activities at the hotel Health Safety & Security
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety at the hotel.
- Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures at the hotel
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in timely manner and brought to the attention of the F&B manager as per Fire Life & Safety (FLS) procedures.
- Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times.
- Familiarize yourself with the company vision and values which link to our model of desired behaviours that we expect all employees to display.
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of your role and is not intended to be a definitive list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting company and guests needs is required by all employees.
Our client is offering a very competitive compensation package to the successful candidate.
Kindly send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org