Duma Works is recruiting an Interim General Manager for our client in Uganda.
The company provides specialized handling services for Fresh Products (perishables) in the category of Flowers / Cuttings and Vegetables to a number of farms (exporters) both shareholders and non-shareholders.
The company’s mandate is primarily to:
- Source for airline cargo space on behalf of farmers/exporters
- Negotiate favorable airfreight rates, on behalf of exporters with the various airlines
- Handle & maintain a cold chain that preserves exporters produce from the point of receiving the produce at its Entebbe premises to the point of destination airport.
The activities of the company are divided into 2 major divisions, the Operations division-managed by an Operations Manager, and the Administrative division-managed by a financial controller.
The company has a highly participatory board of directors that provide overall oversight and supervision to the management team.
As part of its drive for continuous improvement, and also to consolidate the company’s leadership position as the most competitive and efficient service provider of export handling services for fresh produce, the company would like to critically review and strengthen its internal management team.
In this regard, the comapny seeks an Interim General Manager with proven skills and experience both in leading effective teams and in organisational restructuring, to steer the business through a period of transformation.
Reporting directly to the board, the Interim Manager will be responsible for the following specific deliverables:
- Provide overall leadership and oversight of day to day activities of the company as per the tasks of GM
- Conduct a comprehensive performance evaluation of the Senior and Mid Management team and provide recommendations that positively transform business operations, and upon board approval initiate implementation of agreed recommendations
- Evaluate the efficiency of the Operations department, and provide recommendations aimed to make the process more efficient, and upon approval, initiate implementation of recommendations.
Skills / Experience Required
The candidate we are looking for will have
- Proven experience in effectively delivering high performing teams
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar position
- Proven capacity to relentlessly pursue short term goals (day to day tasks) while effectively pursuing set long term objectives.
- Effective stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience leading business change/restructuring initiatives.
How to Apply
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2686”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2686 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 28th February 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||