Vacancy: Marketing Manager
Job Ref: WE/MM/1
Our client provides high-end safari experiences in East Africa.
They are looking for a Marketing Manager to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The incumbent main role is to be a Brand Custodian, with Director of Sales and Marketing, to ensure that the brand architecture is maintained as well as brand stance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management and involvement in the collateral production process. Consult with DoSM on collateral needs and devise annual strategy.
- Work with Director of Sales and Marketing (DoSM) to determine library of information needs and assist to manage photographers, copywriters and other content creators
- Maintenance and continual improvement of an image and information library used to create and distribute content.
- Ensure accuracy of information, and organization of content for ease of use by both internal and external users.
- Oversee and work with the In-House creative-design team on required marketing materials.
- Manage production of marketing materials, their distribution and stock levels. Monitor for ongoing accuracy and re-stocking needs.
- Point of Contact and coordinator of information for Sales and PR reps around the world.
- Manage all relationships for outsourced work, ensuring smooth communication.
- Ensure payment of all accounts within invoice stipulations.
- Conduct research and assessment of marketing opportunities as and when they arise -assess alignment with brand strategy, audience and reach opportunities.
- Keep record of press articles both digital and print. Track traffic to website from digital press (and print where possible) to determine Return of Investment.
- Provide content for brochure publishing. Maintain log and detail of all brochure contributions.
- Monitor distribution analytics for assessing communication strategies and effectiveness.
- Maintain record of affiliations and ensure Sales/Reservations team has most up to date information.
- Oversee upkeep and accuracy of website, either completing edits or working with Creative.
- Utilise Google Analytics to inform website changes and track interest. Manage regular content for Blog and News areas of the website.
- Oversea all aspects of Travel Shows, from bookings, to travel arrangements and collateral, keeping within budget.
- Manage applications for any awards that will boost Company’s brand image.
- Oversee production of meeting sheets and all administrative items that will assist the attendee.
- Oversee management of contact database to ensure integrity and accuracy.
- Oversee generation and distribution of Internal News to all necessary stakeholders via newsletters.
- Maintain log and detail of all auction items and gift vouchers.
- Support Relationship Managers to ensure all the content on various trade websites is up to date and accurate, providing information as and when needed.
- Manage membership and correspondence with all marketing associations – ATTA UK, ATTA US, APTA.
- Oversea Social Media strategy and work with Social Media Manager.
Reporting Line: Direct to Director of Sales and Marketing
Reports: Currently, one Creative, One Social Media Manager and one Marketing Assistant
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in tourism, preferably in the high-end of the market
- Good organisational and planning skills with good attention to detail and accuracy
- Spontaneous, confident, outgoing, passionate and presentable
- Able to work independently without continuous supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Very creative with marketing content and campaigns
- Must have online marketing experience and excellent use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to maximise online marketing opportunities
- Excellent IT skills, database management skills and web content designs
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted