Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Position: Procurement Assistant – Field Office – Kenya
Reporting To: Procurement Associate
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 12 Months
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Role: The Procurement Assistant under the general supervision of the Procurement Associate and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies and procedures, helps coordinate and facilitate the procurement activities, functions and processes.
Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Procurement Assistant, to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Procurement Associate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaises with IPAK employees to determine their product and service needs
- Propose possible service/product vendors for categories not listed on the IPAK Prequalified Supplier List with the aim of sharing RFQ’s in line with the IPA-K procurement policy guidelines
- Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for IPAK
- Carry out periodic market surveys to ensure services and goods procured for IPA are competitively priced.
- Review, Prepare and share approved Purchases Orders with suppliers
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of requisitioned goods
- Perform general clerical duties such as maintaining procurement files, typing & data entry
- Provide support with internal procurement inquiries from projects
- Correspond with vendors regarding price, product availability, delivery terms & requisite documents required for payment process.
- Respond to inquiries regarding requisitions, purchase orders, contracts & pricing information
- Attend to any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in procurement or supplies chain management or its equivalent – (though degree preferred)
- Knowledge of supply chain, procurement procedures and familiarity with the Public Procurement & Disposal Act.
- Proven experience in a similar position an added advantage.
- Previous experience in providing remote support is highly desirable
- Flexible, motivated and ability to persistently drive issues to closure
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and communicate with various levels of staff
- Strong work ethic, team player and ability to maintain a high degree of integrity & professionalism in performing assigned responsibilities
- Good spoken and written English is essential
- Well organized and keen to detail
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Deadline to Apply: 21st February, 2017
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Procurement Assistant-Field Office Kenya. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.