The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
Pursuant to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the undermentioned position:
General Manager (Internal Audit)
Job Group 2
Job Ref No: KPC/ADVT/01/2017
Duration of Appointment: Three (3) Years (Renewable subject to good performance)
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is responsible for carrying out independent review of the internal control system and recommending ways of improvement in order to safeguard the Company’s assets from misuse, theft or misappropriation and strengthen the control environment.
- Prepare timely risk-based annual divisional work plan for presentation to the Board Audit Committee.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of the Board Audit Committee approved annual work plan.
- Provide Management with reports on audit and/or anti-corruption work on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain a competent and professional departmental work force through training for achievement of audit objectives.
- Coordinate external audits.
- Prepare Board Audit Committee papers on a periodic basis and provide secretarial services when required.
- Conduct staff training needs assessment, prepare and submit an annual divisional training plan.
- Conduct annual performance appraisal of staff against set targets and objectives and implementing development action plans aimed at enhancing capacity and performance.
- Coordinate the Companywide ethics, integrity and compliance programs; provide the technical assistance in the development and implementation of the corruption prevention plans.
- Supervise senior auditors in the Division.
Key Qualifications and Experience
To be appointed to this role, the successful candidate must be a Kenyan citizen and have;
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Social Science, Law or their equivalent from a recognized university.
- Membership to a relevant professional body and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Have CISA qualifications.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ relevant experience 5 (five) of which should be at senior level in a large and busy organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of oil industry requirements including broad knowledge of international trends in auditing and corporate governance.
- Strong well developed written and verbal communication, intense concentration of mental and interpersonal skills including ability to conduct computerized audits/investigations and prepare relevant and quality reports.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining complaints, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Ability to solve complex and outstanding technical and administrative problems by generating alternative workable solutions.
- Ability to deliver corporate articulated vision for change, create sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change effort.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage staff of different orientation.
NB: Candidates interested in the position of General Manager (Internal Audit) are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, those applying for this position must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National ID. Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, and ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on 3rd March 2017
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||