The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
Pursuant to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the undermentioned position:
Accountant I (Tax)
Job Group 6
Job Ref No: KPC/ADVT/05/2017
Duration of Appointment: Permanent & Pensionable
The position reports to Chief Accountant (Payables) is responsible for
- Filing of monthly VAT and Withholding Tax Returns as per the VAT Act and Income Tax Act.
- Filing and payment of Withholding VAT biweekly.
- Computation of Corporation Tax, payment of instalment taxes and filing of Corporation Tax Returns as per the Income Tax Act.
- Ensure tax compliance within the Company by keeping abreast with changes in Tax legislation and ensure implementation of the same.
- Research & advice the Company on tax planning opportunities which will lead to lower tax burden.
- Ensure compliance during payment processing by ensuring the correct Tax amounts are deducted and remitted. Ensure vendor master data is updated with the correct tax codes as per the act.
- Work with the Tax consultants to come up with tax compliance guidelines for the Company.
- Processing of vendor related payments.
- Supervision of staff working under him/her and related responsibilities e.g. developing a committed and motivated team, staff appraisal etc.
- Contributing to cross-functional teams.
Key Qualifications & Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, or Finance.
- Minimum six (6) years’ relevant experience.
- CPA (K) or ACCA or recognized equivalent.
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- Considerable knowledge in tax laws.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail, results-driven and has good analytical skills.
- Leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and prepare relevant reports for management.
- Self-driven, can work with minimum supervision and for long hours if necessary.
NB: Candidates interested in the position of General Manager (Internal Audit) are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, those applying for this position must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National ID. Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, and ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on 3rd March 2017
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.