The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
Pursuant to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the undermentioned position:
Accountant I (Treasury)
Job Group 6
Job Ref No: KPC/ADVT/05/2017
Duration of Appointment: Permanent & Pensionable
Overall Job Purpose: The position reports to Chief Accountant (Finance) is responsible for daily treasury function like cheque receipting, recording of EFT transactions, monitoring the company debts and ensure repayments is done as and when due, providing input in the financial reports.
Correspondence with banks, downloading of bank statements, preparation of daily cash position and bank reconciliation reports.
- Accounting for treasury activities (including bank accounts) and making recommendations to management on investment of surplus funds.
- Ensuring preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and annual cash flow forecasts.
- Keeping abreast with emerging accounting and regulatory issues and evaluating their financial impact on the Company.
- Being an agent for ensuring best accounting practice to increase efficiency and effectiveness; making recommendations for improvement of the data and information processing systems and procedures and ensuring adequacy of internal controls for the same.
- Undertaking financial analysis as and when necessary.
- Supervision of staff working under him/her and related responsibilities e.g. developing a committed and motivated team, staff appraisal etc.
- Contributing to cross-functional teams.
Key Qualifications & Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, or Finance.
- Minimum six (6) years’ relevant experience.
- CPA (K) or ACCA or recognized equivalent.
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- Considerable knowledge in Treasury Management – investment, cash flow projections, Forex transactions.
- Abreast with all IFRS requirements as they pertain to financial reporting and preparation of accounts.
- Exposure to accounting for loans.
- Leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and prepare relevant reports for management.
- Self-driven, can work with minimum supervision and for long hours if necessary.
NB: Candidates interested in the position of General Manager (Internal Audit) are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, those applying for this position must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National ID. Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, and ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on 3rd March 2017
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.