The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
Pursuant to this objective, the Company is seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidate to fill the undermentioned position:
Executive Assistant to MD
Job Group 5
Job Ref No: KPC/ADVT/03/2017
Duration of Appointment: Permanent & Pensionable
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Executive Assistant will provide efficient managerial and administrative support to the Managing Director’s Office on a day to day basis.
- Schedule Management: responsible for scheduling the Managing Director’s (MD’s) and Executive Team’s engagement and meetings including agenda.
- Office Management: responsible for overseeing the work of clerical and other administrative employees in the MD’s office, as well as making sure that everything is in place for the office to function smoothly.
- Communication Liaison: manage the flow of information and memos received or going out of Managing Director’s Office.
- Information Preparation: will be responsible for preparing information for internal and external distribution. This may include letters and memos, compiling data for reports, creating presentations, writing reports and speeches, and any other information/preparation required.
- Budget Management: will be responsible for management of the MD’s departmental budget, tracking monthly expenditure, variance analysis and reporting and supporting the MD’s office in preparation of the annual departmental budgets.
- Records Management: will be responsible for setting up and managing both electronic and paper filing systems for the Office of the MD, as well as Executive Team meetings record-keeping requirements
- Discretion: position holder will be privy to information that must be protected, so being able to maintain utmost confidentiality and exercise discretion is essential for success in this job.
Key Qualifications & Experiences
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Business or related field from a recognized University/or Institution.
- Knowledge of Applications (Windows, Ms-Word, Ms-Excel, Ms-Access and Internet) from a recognized institution or computer proficiency especially windows applications, SAP and or SCADA.
- A Master’s degree e.g. MBA, MSc – from a reputable institution.
- At least Seven (7) years’ working experience, three (three) of which must have been serving in a senior executive’s office.
- High integrity and confidentiality.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to work under pressure in a structured way.
- Ability to perform within strict deadlines.
- Good command of Business English, office practice and customer care.
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and deal with large volumes of data and work assignments.
NB: Candidates interested in the position of General Manager (Internal Audit) are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, those applying for this position must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National ID. Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, and ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on 3rd March 2017
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||