An esteemed Law Firm that offers comprehensive range of legal services is looking for a Legal Executive Secretary who will enhance the Managing Partner’s capability to expand, develop and manage the business efficiently and effectively.
You will provide management, administrative, clerical, secretarial and personal support.
- Responds to inquiries on a variety of matters such as the status of pending cases, administrative and court rules, and appeal procedures.
- Arranges travel for Managing Partner including scheduling transportation and making hotel reservations.
- Operates personal computers to docket cases, process information, record notices of hearings or postponements, correspondence, reports, and other data.
- Reviews legal documents to ensure they are in proper format and contain all necessary portions or related documents for court acceptance.
- Gathers data for case management or performs research on special subjects or projects from internal and external resources e.g. newspapers, magazines etc.
- Performs the most complex, administrative, legal secretarial activities which may be highly confidential and sensitive, for the Manager Partner.
- Operates keyboard equipment to produce legal documents such as pleadings, briefs, opinions, complaints, administrative decisions, orders from verbal or written instructions, dictation, shorthand notes, rough drafts, or other materials which may be difficult to interpret and/or format.
- Maintains oversight responsibility for department budgets including compiling necessary data for projects, monitoring expenditures and income, recommending and instituting budget revisions when necessary.
- Research relating to governance, legal, accounting and tax implications where required by the Managing Partner.
- Assist with the establishment of the Company’s QMS and ISO accreditations, or other accreditation bodies as the Managing Partner deems appropriate for the Law firm to join.
- Ensure complete business registration and legal compliance in all countries of operation/service as requested by the Managing Partner.
- Assist the Managing Partner in developing proposals and in reviewing, negotiating and finalizing JV’s or other contractual and other third/external party requirements to submit the Firm’s best chance of winning proposal.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an executive secretary/Personal Assistant in a well-established law firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Dependable, honest, ethical and shows a high level of personal judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Able to prioritise work effectively by developing one’s own ways of doing things; guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get work done.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
Apply by attaching and sending your current CV indicating on the subject line the job title as advertised to email@example.com.
Kindly mention where you saw the job advert.
Applications to be received latest by 24th February 2017.
Only qualified candidates will be acknowledged