Position: Trade Marketing Manager – Mobile Financial Services (MFS)
Reporting to: Head of Agency – MFS
Department: Mobile Financial Services
Role Purpose: The position will be responsible for delivering customer acquisition targets through effective acquisition and training of mobile money customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively identify alternative acquisition channels and develop the recruiting strategies to bring new customers on board directly and within the established distribution channels.
- Stimulate innovation and consumer focus throughout direct acquisition channels and formal channels.
- Coordinate delivery systems to ensure compliance of company’s MFS subscriber acquisition targets.
- Coordinate resolution for all MFS distribution and subscriber acquisition issues by escalating to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure all agents operate at their agreed levels, as per key agent indicators; i.e. customer acquisition.
- Manage all acquisition activities within agreed budget levels.
- Monitor all new acquisitions based on data and channel activation, ensure that best practice is identified and communicated to the direct sales team and the channel.
- Draft acquisition targets for all channels monthly and monitor against achievement weekly.
- All new acquisitions must be monitored ensuring that agreed activity levels for new subscribers are maintained.
- Monitor customer activity levels acquired through all channels, adjust acquisition activities inline with the findings as well as sharing best practice with entire trade marketing team.
- Ensure all customer acquisitions are completed in line with the Policies and Procedures defined by Telkom Kenya. This includes adherence to all KYC stipulations by the Kenyan Central Bank.
- Ensure full adherence to the document management policy for all customer registrations.
- Ensure that all channels adhere to the KYC policy as prescribed by the MFS division.
- All deviations from the on boarding policy must be flagged and addressed immediately.
- Weekly plans must be compiled and distributed nationally ensuring that all acquisition channels meet and exceed their agreed targets.
- Reporting weekly/ monthly/ quarterly & annual operational and management reports on acquisition & completed ongoing and planned activities.
- Supply reporting as prescribed by HOD and senior management.
- Work with Speed Simplicity and Trust.
- Manage team of outsourced Trade Marketing Representatives (TMR) to achieve agent and merchant acquisition targets
- Establish KPI’s and monitor performance of TMRs
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- University Degree in Business or Related field
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in sales or marketing role in a corporate multinational environment with an outstanding sales performance record.
- Experience in and Knowledge of Telecoms industry (Advantage).
- Training in sales management, customer relationship management, business administration and team building courses, will be advantageous.
- Good understanding of financial principles, understands financial ratios, can interpret standard financial statements
- Proven planning, sales & distribution management skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Relationship building &Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong financial analysis and interpretation skills
- Ability to manage a team, and support staff (Team player).
- Result driven & Strong customer service background.
- Strong project management and reporting skills.
- Strong Commercial deal structuring skills.
- Strong stock management skills.
- Driving license is a necessity.
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 2nd March 2017, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.