Job Title: Pack house Machine Operator
Reports: Operations Manager
Overall responsibilities: The pack house machine operator ensures that the quality and quantity of packaged good conform to the company’s standards.
The Operator also ensures the machine is in good condition, clean and works efficiently.
- Handle startup and shut down duties pertaining to packaging equipment at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Ensure the packaging machine is in good repair and works in accordance to regulations set by the company.
- Perform regular and preventative maintenance on packaging machines to ensure optimum work cycles.
- Responsible for packaging integrity and quality checks on each packaging order.
- Monitor correct product weights and ensure that they are maintained throughout the shift.
- Educate other co-workers on exercising caution to avoid accidents and prevent injuries
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area by ensuring that floors are clean and organized.
- Assist in developing SOPs and handle reviews of manufacturing batch records.
- Tend to packaging machines by using appropriate controls to package different items.
- Load and unload items into packaging machines and remove rejected packages to be isolated.
- Reset machines following malfunctions or need for repeated cycles.
- Secure packaged items by gluing, tying, stapling or attaching fasteners.
- Sort, label, grade and inspect packaged products.
- Stack packaged items in storage areas or on delivery pallets using jack pallets or forklifts.
- Create daily reports regarding packaged products and storage and delivery orders
- Degree/Diploma In any business related course
- Certificate/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience as a Machine Operator
- Must be able to read and comprehend documents such as manuals and operational instructions.
- Sound Knowledge of OSHA and FDA regulations.
- Should possess forklift licenses
- Able to work extended hours
- Possess good manual dexterity
If interested, kindly share your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clearly indicate ‘Machine Operator’ on the subject of the email by 26th February 2017.