Job Title: Restaurant Manager
Department: Food & Beverage
Job Grade: Cat –D
Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager
Position Supervised: Maitre D’, Captain, Supervisors, Hostess, Waiters
- The Restaurant Manager is responsible for co-ordinating functions and activities pertaining to smooth running of the restaurant.
- To provide functional assistance and direction to the Food & Beverage operations of the restaurant as assigned under the general guidance and direction of the Food & Beverage Director, or his/her delegate and within the limits of the established intercontinental Hotels Group policies and procedures.
- To be the main person responsible for the over all running of the restaurant operations and supervises all the staff under him/her.
- To identify and anticipate guest needs by ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
Key Relationships: Key relationships will include but not limited to Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Front Office, Accounts, Health Centre, Engineering, Guests Relations etc.
Key Job Responsibilities:
1) Supervise the day-to-day functioning of all restaurant employees, facilities, sales and costs.
2) Supervise, co-ordinate and directs the prompt, efficient and courteous service of Food & Beverage in the restaurant.
3) Control and analyse, on an on-going basis, the following:
- Quality levels of production.
- Guest Satisfaction.
- Merchandising and marketing.
- Operating costs.
- Sanitation, cleanliness and hygiene.
4) Establish and maintain effective employee relations.
5) Conduct, under the guidance of the Food & Beverage Director and the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager, such functions as interviewing, hiring, employee orientation, on-the-job performance, coaching, counselling and suspension if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
6) Develop formal training plans and implements on the job training sessions for restaurant employees.
7) Attends and contributes to the daily Food & Beverage briefings and monthly meetings.
8) Conduct pre-meal briefings and maintains liaison with Executive Chef.
9) Participate in service as necessary in accordance with the requirements and practices of the restaurant.
10) Ensure hotel grooming and appearance standards of the staff in the restaurant are met.
11) Control stocks for daily use in restaurant to ensure service requirements are met.
12) Schedule guest reservations and arranges for private parties in the restaurant.
13) Participate in the preparation of the Food & Beverage department budget and goals.
14) Conduct all administrative work required, including but not limited to:
- Attendance records.
- Duty Roster.
- Guest index.
- Log book
15) Perform any other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations
- Comply with company grooming and uniform standards.
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self development.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling guest requests
- Understand and anticipate guest needs
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Be able to promote the hotel (and InterContinental Hotels Group generally) products and services.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about all InterContinental Hotels Group hotels in our region and all F&B activities at the hotel
Health Safety & Security
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety at the hotel.
- Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures at the hotel
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in timely manner and brought to the attention of the F&B manager as per Fire Life & Safety (FLS) procedures.
- Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times.
- Familiarize yourself with the company vision and values which link to our model of desired behaviours that we expect all employees to display.
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of your role and is not intended to be a definitive list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting company and guests needs is required by all employees.
Our client is offering a very competitive compensation package to the successful candidate.
Kindly send CV to email@example.com