Job Description: Rider / Office Messenger
Job Summary: The core duties of the incumbent will be short journeys within Nairobi and its environs.
Occasionally there may be longer journeys
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivering and collecting packages.
- Sort deliverable items in accordance to delivery route in order to ensure maximum efficiency and save time
- Collect, sort and distribute all mails either from the post office, clients or business partners to appropriate recipients within the office.
- Determine destinations by referring to addresses on packages and documents.
- Ensure all deadlines are met at all times without failure
- Ensure that packages or messages are delivered safely and in a time efficient manner
- Handle packages and documents with care especially those marked “fragile”
- Ensure that packages are ready for delivered by packing them in a safe manner
- Ensure that all packages are confirmed and reconciled at the recipient’s location
- Ensure highest degree of security of shipment at all times
- Observe package privacy rules by reading and understand the instructions indicated on the package
- Record information, such as items received and delivered and responses messages if any
- Take (COD) cash on delivery/ cheque when appropriate and deposit cash into bank as instructed
- Liaise with the administrative assistant for cash when sent for office equipment or any other items that may require cash.
- Ensure that money not utilized or money left is refunded to the admin assistant at close of business every day.
- This should always be accompanied by receipts for the money spent.
Education and Experience
- Minimum qualification of a secondary school certificate grade C plain
- Possession of a fit to work certificate will be an added advantage
- Previous experience in post office registered mail, post office custom clearing and regular post office operations.
- Basic knowledge in the structure of a motor bike.
- Knowledge in bank operations e.g. account opening, cheque deposits, cash deposits and withdrawals
- Minimum 3years experience in a similar job within Nairobi and its environs is AMUST
- Possession of a valid rider’s license
- Possession of a valid good conduct certificate
- Ability to read write and interpret
Basic Skills and Requirements
- Must be a skilled motorcycling rider.
- Must be physically fit.
- Must be organized, reliable and punctual.
- Have the ability to read and follow travel guides, plan and learn routes.
- Have a mature working attitude.
- Self-driven and motivated
- Be friendly and presentable.
How to Apply
If you possess the above skills and requirements, kindly send your CV ONLY to email@example.com with ‘OFFICE MESSENGER’ as the subject.
Interesting candidates should send their application on or before 20th February 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||