Job Title: Intern – Software Developer
Overview: We are looking for Three Interns to support our team that is currently implementing the HealthIT project.
The HealthIT project is a USAID funded activity that seeks to build capacity for the Ministry of Health, Programs and Implementing partners.
The project aims to develop / maintain health systems and build capacity to strengthen quality of data use and ensure healthier lives for Kenyans.
Duration of Contract: 3 Months
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write well designed, testable, documented and efficient source code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with the stipulated specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating new alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Supporting existing clients with product integration, managing bugs and enhancements Manage software development versions
- Completed/Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any other related field.
- Experience with software design, development and automated testing
- Familiar with agile or other rapid application development methodologies
- Experience in programming using Python/Django, PHP, Java EE and AngularJs, including skills on data structure fundamentals and relational databases.
- Understanding of REST APIs, JSON, JSONP and Web Services technologies
- Understanding of use of version control using git
- Passionate about user experience
How to Apply
Applicants interested in the above position should submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
- Names of 3 referees.
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Completed Personal Data Form (Download HERE).
- Indicate the Job Reference Number of the Envelope.
Submit copies of all the documents required strictly via email; cover letter, testimonials, detailed current CV highlighting qualifications and experience, Academic and professional certificates.
All applications shall reach the undersigned on or before February 21, 2017
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES is an equal opportunity employer.
People with disability are encouraged to apply