WE Villages Opportunity
Position: Track Your Impact Content Creator
Location: Based in Narok County
We are looking for a talented story teller with strong writing skills to join our team in Kenya to capture the stories of impact that take place in the communities where WE Villages works.
This role involves gathering content from the communities we work with in Narok County to produce quality online print and video blogs, and assist with reporting needs for our flagship development model WE Villages.
The position involves project management, interviewing, writing for web, writing for video, filming, and photography, comfort being on camera, and the ability and sensitivity to draw out meaningful stories from the communities we work with and tell them in an engaging way.
This position is best suited to a journalist with experience and interest in development work and working with marginalized communities.
The ideal candidate will have strong writing abilities, impeccable research and interview skills and a firm understanding of journalistic practices.
The candidate will be well informed on issues affecting the local populations of Narok country (particularly the Kipsigis and Maasai), have a passion for social change, and a desire to tell the stories of the communities we work with in those areas.
The candidate will have a willingness to be coached and a desire to develop stronger skills.
- Experience in journalism and story collection
- Background, education and/or in-depth experience with writing for web, a newspaper or related experience
- Minimum 2 years of writing experience — samples required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to meet demanding deadlines, producing high quality work and project a positive attitude
- Willing to be a dedicated member of the team with a positive and flexible attitude
Send your CV to email@example.com by 27th February 2017.
WE empowers international change.
WE makes this change through our holistic, sustainable international development model, WE Villages.
Check out more details on www.we.org
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||