Consolidated Bank of Kenya Ltd seeks to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual for the following position:
Business Development Manager, Trade Finance
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for effectively growing and managing the trade finance portfolio across the Bank so as to achieve sustained business growth and meet revenue targets.
- Achieve set sales performance targets in trade finance, international banking services and other capital financing products.
- Formulate and implement sales strategies in trade finance and international business.
- Develop customized international trade finance solutions so as to maximize profitability on international business.
- Enhance internal and external trade finance profiles to promote business and generate new sales opportunities.
- Provide solutions that meet customers’ needs while adhering to the regulatory framework and the Bank‘s credit policy.
- Recommend and propose improvements in trade finance and international business products in order to remain competitive in the market.
- Ensure maximum utilization of trade finance facilities provided to clients and originate new trade finance deals/repeat business from these clients.
- Research and disseminate up-to-date market intelligence to different business units to ensure that opportunities are realized and risks mitigated.
- Work closely with various units to improve service delivery, aimed at a better customer experience.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- Possession of professional banking qualifications such as AKIB, ACIB or Trade Finance certification will be an added advantage.
- Must have a minimum of five years’ working experience in Trade Finance and international business with solid knowledge of trade finance products, import/export finance, commodity finance.
- Should possess strong credit risk management skills.
- Should have excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of Trade Finance products and services with extensive knowledge of the banking industry.
- Should have good leadership and management skills.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications, enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating work experience, daytime contacts and addresses of 3 professionally relevant referees to reach the undersigned by Friday, 18th August 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Head of Human Resources
Consolidated Bank of Kenya Ltd
P.O. Box 51133 – 00200