Duma Works is recruiting a committed French instructor for one of our clients in Nairobi.
The teacher will complement their qualified workforce of educators.
You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school’s requirements.
It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to children and create a relationship of mutual trust.
They will know how to organize a class and make learning French an easy and meaningful process.
The goal is to help cultivate the children’s interest in French and enable them to be fluent in French as much as English.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualized instruction to each child by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Assess and record children’s progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings;
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
- Observe and understand the children’s behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc
- 2+ Years proven experience as an instructor of French.
- A keen interest on Early Childhood Development.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a multi- disciplinary instructor;
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures;
- Kenyan Citizenship/Residency is an added advantage;
- Can speak French fluently and understands the culture
- Applicants must have a TSC number.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Well-organized and committed;
- Eloquence in English;
- Creative and energetic;
- Strong moral values and discipline.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2938”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2938 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 25th Aug 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.