Duma Works is recruiting an Alumni and Communications Coordinator for Generation Kenya.
Generation is a global youth employment programme that helps to provide young adults the opportunity to build successful careers and change their life trajectories.
In Kenya, they have successfully launched five training programmes: Financial Services Sales, Retail and Restaurant Services, Customer Service Agents, Sewing Machine Operators and Distributed Sales.
They are seeking a talented Alumni and Communications Coordinator (ACC) interested in contracting for a 4-month role (with high potential for extension) responsible for managing the relationship with their alumni and coordinating the communications to their various stakeholders.
The ACC will report to the Generation Kenya Program Manager. He/she will be responsible for keeping alumni connected to each other and Generation, encourage and promote the professional development of alumni on an individual level, and to keep the alumni community aware of Generation’s developments and needs, including fundraising opportunities and achievements.
The ACC will also be responsible for coordinating all communications to donors, employers and students.
- Communicating with an alumni community of more than 6,000 graduates across various platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, text).
- Leading Generation’s mentorship program by identifying alumni mentors and matching them to students in current classes.
- Scheduling and organising alumni events (e.g., networking, reunions, short courses) for alumni members.
- Forming and maintaining an active alumni steering committee where each member has assigned actions and timelines.
- Providing content and carrying out editorial duties for the alumni newsletter.
- Developing an alumni fundraising plan to encourage in-kind and financial contributions to support ongoing Generation operations.
- Collecting and sharing employer and student success stories.
- Attending national and international events for Generation alumni communities.
- Delivering marketing activities and communications campaigns to engage stakeholders (including donors, employers, students and government organizations)
- Standardising communications materials across all functions and programs within Generation.
- Coordinating and delivering and social media activity for Generation across a range of channels.
- Supporting outreach and engagement activity with relevant stakeholders.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of campaigns and activities, and making recommendations where applicable.
- Coordinating and writing of copy and content for a range of media including print and digital.
- Supporting media activity, with the sourcing of stories from across the organisation and student body to raise the profile.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Degrees in areas such as social science, business and marketing or communications will be advantageous.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in events / communications / digital marketing preferable.
- “Do-er” mind-set, with a passion for the start-up environment, fast-changing priorities and achieving challenging goals.
- Well-developed sense of attention to detail.
- Interest in working in a fast-growing organization and being an integral part of aggressive scale efforts.
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2986”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2986 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 23 August 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.