Hivos People Unlimited
Job Vacancy: Executive Assistant
Reference #: KE0003
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Introduction: Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources.
Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Hivos is looking for an Executive Assistant to provide support to the Regional Director, senior management and the organization by undertaking professional secretarial and administrative duties.
- Providing quality secretarial and support services to the Regional Director (RD).
- Maintaining confidentiality and integrity of correspondence in the Office by drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information and initiating communication.
- Maintaining the RD appointment schedules and diary by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and making local and overseas travel arrangements
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts and emails
- Maintain all calendars/diaries, schedule appointments and take responsibility for meeting room management and ensure that the senior management team members are well prepared
- Handling all incoming and outgoing correspondence including e-mails, general correspondence and other communication on behalf of the RD
- Drafting of letters, presentations, minutes and reports as directed by the RD
- Processing visa applications and renewals for passports for the RD
- Facilitating and coordinating Management Team meetings including senior management team meetings with the RD
- Co-ordinate all pertinent travel arrangements for external partners including booking of hotels, flights and other associated arrangements
- Coordinate all Hivos EA Board & AGM meetings including minutes and all Board correspondence as directed by the RD
- Provide support to program staff in organizing workshops, trainings and conferences as directed by RD
- Maintaining of an accurate filing and record system including organization’s electronic inventory
- Take minutes during and keep board meeting records
- Handle and distribute all incoming and outgoing correspondences
- Any other duties that the job holder may be asked to do from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good writing, analytical and problem‐solving skills.
- Proficient in computers (MS Office) & Internet use
- Strong Organizational, administration, and office management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn and use information management software
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience.
- At least 3 years work experience relevant for the function.
- Proven proficiency in computer and Internet use.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Closing Date: 15/09/2017