Hivos People Unlimited
Job Vacancy: Project Manager, Coffee Programmes
Reference #: KE0001
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Introduction: Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources.
Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Hivos, EA seeks qualified candidates for the position of Project Manager, Coffee Programmes, Hivos East Africa
Specification: The Green Society’s, Green Foods and Productive Landscapes portfolio collaborates with regional, national and local organizations to enhance the economic position of rural entrepreneurial men and women.
Key areas of work include sustainable agriculture, strengthening smallholder organizations, access to markets, finance and business development, green growth and climate smart technologies, sustainable energy and carbon finance.
Gender and youth are cross cutting themes in Hivos East Africa green foods programs.
The coffee programmes in this portfolio consist of two main programmes- the sustainable, Secure Smallholder Systems at Scale (4@Scale)and the Gender & Generational Empowerment Programme.
Reports to: Programme Manager, Green Foods & Productive Landscapes
Supervises: M&E Officer, Gender Officer (2); Project Officers (2);
Works with: Global Programme Director, Green Society; Finance Officer, Private sector partners and consultants.
The Project Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Coffee Programmes including implementation, planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and overseeing program activities.
1. Programme Implementation: Overall management and coordination of programs and projects in the green foods and productive landscapes portfolio in East Africa including but not limited to:-
- Provide strategic and technical oversight to ensure programs deliver high quality outputs with accuracy and consistency.
- Ensure regular field visits to all program sites and maintain strong and productive relationships with implementing partners, stakeholders and donors.
- Maintain excellent and healthy donor relations and ensure Hivos and grant partners adhere to grant agreements.
- Lead and manage program monitoring and evaluation for continuous learning, improvement and growth.
- To assess the levels of risks associated with program implementation and suggest mitigation strategies.
- Ensure donor reports are submitted to donors in the best possible quality and with strict adherence to donor reporting guidelines.
- Manage partnerships and relationships with staff, colleagues, partners and stakeholders.
- Promote brand visibility through innovative communication and information dissemination.
- Contribute to programme development and fundraising for the green food portfolio by working closely with the Programmes Manager.
- In collaboration with the finance department, manage budgets and finances in coffee programmes and ensure prudent resource use.
- Represent Hivos in an attractive and leading way and position it as a thought leader in the coffee sector.
2. Human Resource Management: S/he is responsible for performance management of all staff reporting to him/her.
- Manage staff development through performance based management and leadership.
- Create a conducive work environment and team culture for professional growth and development of personnel at all levels.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the coffee sector in East Africa. Should be well versed in the issues affecting small holder and SME coffee farmers in East Africa.
- An Advanced university degree in Agriculture.
- At least 3-6 years experience in the East African coffee sector. Experience in working with Private Sector is a plus.
- Demonstrable research skills, and ability to present research findings in clear and convincing ways to donors, partners and other internal and external stakeholders,
- Demonstrable experience & track record in working with international donors in substantial programmes.
- Demonstrable track-record in program development and resource mobilization.
Working Conditions: The Project Manager will be based in the Nairobi office, but should expect to spend 50%- 60% of time in the Uganda and Tanzania office. The Project Manager is expected to travel frequently especially to remote parts of rural Africa.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Closing Date: 18/08/2017
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||