Industry: Information Technology / Nonprofit
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Location: Western Kenya
Commitment: Long Term Career Position
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access.
Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre.
We are growing quickly. In five years, we have grown to serve 75,000 farm families with more than 500 full-time field staff.
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing organization; increasing the number of sublocations and districts we work in each year.
We are seeking individuals to manage the various complex IT functions of the organization – from setting up and maintaining networks, internet connections for multiple offices, database maintenance etc.
Primary Duties of IT Staff
- Maintaining all Company Critical Hardware– Servers, Routers, Switches, Access points, PCs, UPS, Printers, Projectors, cameras, and ensuring that IT equipment have service packs installed.
- Installing and Configuring New IT Equipment – Servers, PCs, Laptops, Phones, Internet modems, Netbooks, Projectors etc
- Training Staff on IT Applications and Processes – Coordinating with head of departments on identifying training needs and training users on a one to one or on a group basis on usage of various IT systems or applications
- Select Database Upgrades
- Preventative Maintenance – Carrying out preventive maintenance on various IT equipment and software
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Network Clients
- IT Support – Capturing all user requests as they come in via phone or email on the incidents management system and ensuring users get updates on the status and progress of their requests. Escalating IT calls (Tickets) to administrators and vendors as necessary
- IT Procurement – Liaising with vendors to ensure that company equipment are serviced and maintained as per SLAs and annual schedules.
- IT Policy Design – Designing and updating IT policies/procedures on security, configurations, tests, patches, etc.
- Management – This role has the potential to manage 1-2 additional IT staff as experience and department growth necessitates.
- Miscellaneous – Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Career Growth and Development: One Acre Fund invests in developing its staff. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular performance reviews.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with minimum of two years of work experience in a technical IT support role.
We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are proactive, organized and committed.
Please only apply if you fit these criteria:
- Diploma Information Technology or related
- Two years experience in Technical IT Support
- Holders with IT Certifications are encouraged to apply
- Organized and detail oriented
- Able to manage multiple projects at one time
- Clear communicator
- Proactive problem solver
- Ability to quickly learn new IT systems and databases
- Experience in training staff on IT systems and processes
Timeline: Resumes should be submitted by June 30th 2012
Compensation: Starting salary range of 18,000/- to 20,000/- with Performance Based Incentives
Benefits: NSSF and NHIF, airtime and small transportation allowances
Career development: Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: IT Staff + the place you heard of the position)