Your primary role will be to maintain our fleet of vehicles
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and complete repairs on all types of vehicles.
- Perform preventative maintenance in fleet.
- Keep vehicle repair and maintenance histories
- Keep vehicle repair and maintenance budget
- Perform daily cosmetic checks on vehicles
- Procure genuine parts at competitive prices, subject to biannual external audits
- Establish and maintain a repair booking procedure
- Ensure repairs are carried out with minimal disruption to operations
- Keep accurate service records
- Ensure cars are properly insured and licenses renewed in good time
- Pick up and deliver vehicles
Your secondary role will be to perform logistics tasks as requested by the logistics department.
- You will assist in Warehousing at the NCPB
- You will assist in Agricultural Support Unit
- You will facilitate the disbursement of input and incentives together with the logistic team
- You will facilitate deliveries in special projects
- You will perform any other official duties as required by your supervisor
- At least two years as a practising mechanic
- Must be a competent driver with a valid driving licence
- Demonstrated mechanical and technical aptitude
- Minimum of one year related work experience in maintaining fleet vehicles.
- Experience working with 4x4s and logistics vehicles.
- Gasoline, diesel and propane vehicle experience preferred
- Must have orientation towards customer service and safety
- Have exceptional proactive problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional punctuality and timeliness
- Able to handle multiple priorities and effectively communicate issues to supervisor and customers
- Positively motivates self and others and promotes teamwork; develops team members
- Must have demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Bungoma – Western Kenya.
- Minimum of Certificate qualification in Vehicle Mechanics
- Certificate in basic computer studies
- Certification in Logistics/procurement will be an added advantage
Timeline: Resumes should be submitted by June 30th 2012
To Apply: Email Cover letter and Resume