The Regional Learning and Advocacy Programme for Vulnerable Dryland Communities is a consortium of agencies that promotes lesson learning and documents good practice.
The REGLAP programme is currently funded by ECHO’s Drought Risk Reduction Action Plan (DRRAP), and will operate from Jan 2012 to June 2013 focusing on three result areas:
1. Evidence based DRR good practice is identified or developed, and disseminated to governments, NGOs and other stakeholders.
2. National governments and key stakeholders are including DRR good practice in their strategies/plans.
3. Increased agreement by DRRAP partners, and other key organisations, on priorities for building resilience for joint advocacy and implementation.
REGLAP 4 has the following structure:
1. Country Advocacy Groups (consisting of a country lead, CSO national network and other interested agencies) will advocate on the key constraints to resilience building for the drylands among governments and other key actors.
REGLAP collaborates closely with local CSOs and networks, governments, research organisations and ECHO DRRAP partners including FAO, UNDP DDC, UNICEF and UNISDR.
We are looking for a bright and capable communications intern, ideally a postgraduate, who is looking to start a career in international development work, or who is early on in their career and looking to gain more experience in a large international organisation.
Objectives of the placement
What we are looking for
- Candidates from under-represented backgrounds within the regional office. Candidates form arid areas and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- High-potential candidates who can demonstrate some level of leadership and initiative either inside or outside of the work arena.
- Candidates who are committed to drylands development and social justice.
- High level of computer literacy including word, web use and excel.
- Ideally a postgraduate qualification or at the minimum good first degree (any subject)
- Good written, communications and numeracy skills.
- Confidence to build relationships and work effectively with others at all levels
- Available to commit for 6 months and to travel as required.
- No more than 3 years after finishing university/postgraduate study.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||