Our client based in Nairobi needs an Accountant to work in Nairobi.
The assistant accountant will report to the accountant and will be responsibility for the effective and efficient processing of accounting data of our client.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of cash ledgers and general accounts reconciliations
- Maintenance of an efficient filing system of payment vouchers, receipts and invoices
- Ensure that all the company’s financial transactions are captured fully and accurately
- Preparation of timely accounting reports (Management on Daily and Weekly)
- Maintaining proper and up to date books of accounts
- Filing and safely storing company documents and receipts for future reference
- Preparing and availing accounting records for audit purposes
- Verification of payment vouchers in accordance with the laid down Rules and Regulations
- Coding of payment vouchers and verification of entries in the general ledger
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements
- Disburses funds using manual/local warrants or petty cash and makes change according to specific instructions.
- Handle day to day expenses; payments of rent and electricity
- Handle the statutory payments (NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, VAT Monthly returns)
- Perform office administration work
- Other general accounting duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) from any reputable university
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Should be a CPA holder
- Demonstrated hands on experience in modular accounting software’s such as QuickBooks 2006, Sage Pastel premier edition
- Conversant with issuance of certificate to clients
- Knowledge of general record keeping and filling systems
- Strong work ethics and financial integrity
- Good personal judgment, initiative, reliability, discipline and punctuality
- Cordial relationship with colleagues & customers
- Excellent analytical and accounting skills
- Problem solving skills and keen to detail
- Ability to handle pressure
- Should be self-driven and work with minimum supervision excellent report writing skills
- Detailed understanding of the role and functions of the accounting department
- Mature lady or Gentlemen age between 28-35yrs
- A born again Christian
Qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s quoting relevant skills and experience to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.