Business Manager- Kenya And Uganda
Recruiter: Altima Africa Ltd
Updated on: 20-06-2012
Offer: Neg .
Client Profile Introduction
Client Profile Introduction
Our client is the leader in crop protection products in Africa.
The Corporation is focused on helping their customers cultivate business growth through the development, marketing and distribution of innovative, high-quality chemical solutions for today’s dynamic agroscience and health & nutrition science marketplace.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a talented, dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual who is committed to performance excellence and exemplary leadership.
Reporting to the East Africa Regional Manager, the Business Manager will be in charge of the operations of their subsidiaries in Kenya and Uganda.
- Degree in Agriculture
- Experience in agribusiness (minimum 7 years) in Kenya
- Masters Degree will be an added advantage
Job Specification- Business Manager
The candidate will manage the business of the subsidiary and implement the client’s strategy in Kenya and Uganda.(S)He will be responsible for the subsidiary’s operations and achievement of the targets as well as lead the local team that comprises of 7 employees.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Be the referent for the head of Southern and Eastern Africa region for all activities in Kenya and Uganda.
- Manage the subsidiary and lead operations with the existing local team in Kenya.
- Supervise, coordinate and be personally involved in all operations of the company; forecasts, budget, supplies, development, marketing, sales, recovery of payments.
- Should be committed to achieving targets in terms of turnover, gross margin, EBITDA and working capital.
- Implement the strategy of the group in coordination with the Southern and Eastern Africa headquarter located in South Africa.
- Supervise monthly reporting and commit on forecasts.
- Be directly involved in sales and collection of payments from major customers; big estates, main distributors, tenders.
- Supervise products’ registration processes and marketing activities in coordination with the Technical and Marketing Manager(s).
- Coordinate imports with the local team and forwarding agents.
- Supervise local purchases and relate with local toll manufacturers.
- Strong business acumen
- Proven leadership, supervisory skills and ability to develop and coach teams
- Energetic, motivated, self-starter with proven ability to manage simultaneous projects well within tight and demanding deadlines
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills with good problem solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence others positively
- Great people management skills
- Calm under pressure, with strategic outlook
- Pragmatic and adaptable without compromising values
- Able to deliver under minimal supervision
How To Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visit www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 6th July 2012, 5pm.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.