Given the growth that ANAFE is going through, the network seeks to engage a Communications Officer to be responsible for the development and execution of ANAFE’s communication strategy.
Terms of Reference
The position is one year consultancy basis.
- Develop and execute a communication strategy to ensure greater participation of ANAFE member institutions, partners and stakeholders in ANAFE activities.
- Provide communication advice including the crafting of relevant messages and use of the right media channels by critically developing strategic solutions to given communication challenges.
- Produce compelling news, stories, newsletters, presentation materials and other communications products reflecting ANAFE themes and priority areas.
- Produce communication resources for the ANAFE web and social media outlets.
- Design and package ANAFE outputs into periodic information briefs (e.g. brochures, newsletters and banners) for wide dissemination.
- Capture and publish photos and videos of events related to ANAFE activities in ANAFE documents and web space.
- Publish news, reports and major ANAFE activities on the ANAFE portal and blog.
- Develop strong media relations with relevant partners to promote ANAFE profile.
- Assist in improving the communication skills of staff.
The person should have:
- A Degree in either of Communications, Journalism or Public relations and post-graduate training with at least 5-10 years of relevant working experience.
- Working knowledge in Web platforms and publishing, Knowledge management, Graphic design and processing, Photo and Video shooting skills.
- Very good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Knowledge of both English and French languages will be an added advantage. The person must be flexible and be ready to travel and work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability, together with detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of two referees. All correspondence should be addressed to the