Given the growth that ANAFE is going through, the network seeks to engage a Human Resources Consultant to review the current operations focusing on the identification and strategic alignment of required competencies, staffing levels and conditions of service for greater organizational effectiveness and achievement of institutional goals and objectives.
Terms of Reference
The consultant will be working closely with the Secretariat staff in Nairobi for the period of the assignment and will report to the ANAFE Executive Secretary.
- Review the network’s staffing position, categories, compensation and classification, benefits, performance management and improvement systems, strategic planning and organizational development.
- Conduct an employment assessment including needs and risk assessment, an implementation plan and follow up as it relates to institutional goals and objectives.
- Develop scenarios on competencies required, staffing levels and conditions of service needed to achieve the institutional goals and objectives.
- Guide on the improvement of the human resource and management policy, procedures, and application of related laws and regulations.
- Model appropriate staff behaviour in line with the network’s vision, mission and values.
- Develop an evaluation tool for the staff
- Demonstrated experience in providing effective leadership in the design, development and implementation of innovative human resource programs and policies focused on developing and retaining a highly effective, productive and qualified staff.
- Demonstrated understanding of tertiary agricultural education institutional networking, the unique challenges and up-to –date knowledge of applicable human resource strategies for enhancing organizational effectiveness.
- Experience in providing tools and information that enhance individual and organizational performance
- Experience in the design and delivery of organizational development programs.
- A minimum of a BSc degree or MBA in human resources. Post-graduate qualification in an appropriate area will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in leading and developing change management strategies
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing human resources programs within networks