Base Titanium Limited, the Kenyan subsidiary of the Australian company, Base Resources Limited, is developing the globally significant Kwale Mineral Sands Project about 50km south of Mombasa.
The project is now funded and construction commenced in the 3rd quarter of 2011. Production is scheduled to start during the second half of 2013.
Base is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people.
Kwale is the first large mining development in Kenya since 1911 and represents an exciting opportunity for high performing candidates seeking to be part of the successful development of the project.
Pragmatic and pro-active candidates with strong integrity and who work well in a team environment are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the General Manager – Environment and Community Affairs, the Security Superintendent will be responsible for the development and management of all security functions for the Kwale Mineral Sands Project.
This is an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a highly motivated security professional.
Key accountabilities include:
- Developing and implementing the security system for the project to ensure control and protection of all Base Titanium assets and personnel.
- Managing a performance oriented service level agreement with a private security service provider.
- Establishing linkages and maintaining liaison with local law enforcement agencies.
- Promoting and supporting community policing initiatives and developing security focused engagement with the surrounding communities.
- Ensuring all security activities comply with the laws of Kenya and respect human rights.
- Conducting periodical risk assessments to validate and update security measures.
- Developing and managing annual budget and expenditure plans.
Qualifications and experience:
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Security Risk Management. Proven experience in lieu of a tertiary qualification will be considered.
- Have 5 years’ experience in a senior security management role.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a challenging environment with a multinational workforce with minimal supervision and high ethical standards.
- Possess good computer skills.
Eligible applicants must submit a Curriculum Vitae with a cover letter, certified copies of qualifications, Good Conduct Certificate and three traceable references for the attention of the Human Resources Manager, clearly marked “Application for Security Superintendent” to: Email:
Applications must be received on or before Friday the 29th of June 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.