Business Unit Manager
Cardno Emerging Markets (EMR) is part of a global consulting organization and provides professional services to a diverse range of international clients ¡n the public and private sectors.
Core business includes delivery and management of major aid initiatives in core disciplines such as education, health, HIV and AIDS, governance, infrastructure, resources and environment management.
Our work spans across Europe, Latin & North America, Asia, the Pacific and Africa.
With over 6,000 staff worldwide, our vision is to be a world leader in the provision of professional services to improve the physical and social environment of people in developing countries.
Cardno Emerging Markets is expanding its presence in Africa.
The Business Unit Manager will be charged with leading a team of established professionals and transforming our Nairobi office to be the central hub for all Cardno’s operations in East Africa.
We are looking for a an experienced and highly motivated Business Unit Manager to lead and strengthen the business development, technical and operational capacity of the Nairobi business, and to maximize the quality, impact and profitability of services provided by Cardno to Government, International Donors, UN Agencies and corporate clients.
The Business Unit Manager will report directly to Cardno’s Emerging Markets Area Manager for Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The job holder will
- develop, manage and motivate a team of key office staff, development professionals and project personnel; develop, manage and maintain internal functions and business processes;
- ensure compliance with corporate financial systems, risk management and QA procedures;
- grow the company’s portfolio of business opportunities and ensure the effective and efficient delivery of contracts awarded, with emphasis on client satisfaction and contractual compliance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated business management skills in delivering profitable performance;
- The ideal candidate would have postgraduate qualifications, with a minimum of 1 0 years experience preferably in international development or the professional services industry;
- Professional experience in Africa, preferably East Africa, is essential;
- Your ability to thrive in a fast-paced commercial environment with serial deadlines would stand you in good stead;
- An engaging personality with the ability to interact successfully with both professional staff and corporate executive, would enhance your performance in this role;
- Good negotiation skills, together with excellent writing, verbal and presentation capabilities, will ensure your success
Email your application to Recruitment.EmergingMarkets@cardno.com by 15 June2012
Or for further information contact Gavin Wyngaard on +61 3 9819 2877 or firstname.lastname@example.org