Chemonics seeks climate change experts to lead and manage an anticipated USAID – funded East Africa regional climate change program based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The project aims to strengthen the climate resilience of economic development in East Africa through improved science-based technical capacity and policy leadership related to food security, freshwater resources, and biodiversity conservation.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction for the program
- Serve as the program’s primary liaison with USAID, government counterparts, and local partners
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Work collaboratively to create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Oversee project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Advanced degree in natural resource management, environment studies, or other related field
- Minimum 10 years of senior-level experience designing, implementing, and managing complex climate change adaptation projects and regional activities with multiple program institutions
- Experience working collaboratively with government agencies, host-country governments and counterparts, and international donor agencies; USAID experience preferred
- Demonstrated technical leadership in climate change adaption focused on including food security, freshwater resources, or biodiversity conservation
- Experience in climate change policies and programs supporting regional capacity building under a U.S. government contract preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Experience in East Africa preferred
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions to preparedExperts@chemonics.com by June 30, 2012.
Please include the name of the position in the subject line.
No telephone inquiries, please.
Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com when applying for this position.
Please include the name of the position and the country in the subject line.
If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, or genetic information.