Chemonics International seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for the Kenya Agricultural Value Chain Enterprises Project, a five-year, $35-$40 million USAID-funded project under the U.S. Government’s Feed the Future (FtF) Initiative to assist the Government of Kenya.
This project will assist the Government of Kenya in improving the competitiveness of selected agricultural value chains with the overall goal of increasing the productivity and incomes of smallholder farmers and other actors along the value chain, thereby enhancing food security and improving nutrition.
Responsibilities will include being a liaison between the project and relevant counterparts; providing managerial and technical support to the chief of party; and supervising project components and activities.
Chemonics International is looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world and demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity in their work.
- Master’s degree in agricultural economics, economics, or other value-chain related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing and implementing multi-faceted agricultural development programs in developing countries.
- USAID experience preferred; at least 4 years in a field based position.
- Demonstrated success in engaging with host government producer organizations and processors on agricultural related institutional reforms and private sector development.
- Demonstrated success in designing and introducing activities that transfer appropriate technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, and knowledge sharing preferred.
- Fluency in English required, Kiswahili desired.
- Experience in Kenya preferred.
- Kenyan or expatriate candidates encouraged to apply
Send cover letter, resume and a list of three references to KAVESDCOP@chemonics.com by June 29, 2012.
No telephone inquiries, please.
Only finalists will be contacted.