Family Health Options Kenya (FHOK) is a dynamic not for profit national Non-Governmental Organization with strong grassroots networks.
The Organization provides leadership and plays a pioneering role in offering sustainable, innovative and comprehensive services in response to health and socio-economic needs of all Kenyans.
FHOK is seeking qualified persons for the following position:-
Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
REF: ME/HQ/2012: – (Nairobi)
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, testing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation strategies that will drive business growth and meet the changing needs of the Organization.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develop the overall framework for monitoring and evaluation including regular project reviews, process and operations monitoring and participatory assessments.
- Setting M & E system and ensuring it is implemented effectively and providing timely and relevant information to all stakeholders.
- Providing team leadership on implementation of Research and evaluation on FHOK dynamic programming/ strategic objectives.
- Develop and implement M & E plans including undertaking systematic periodic supportive monitoring visits to project sites.
- Provide technical support on the development, and standardization of data collection tools, collection, analysis and utilization of data for motoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Provide technical assistance to Project Managers, Coordinators and Centre Managers in designing and implementing data collection and analysis tools.
- Advise the ED on early indicators of progress or lack thereof, in the relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability of programmes and events.
- Maintain records of programme and projects data, lessons and best practices and share with all concerned.
- Prepare and submit relevant reports to donors and concerned stake holders in a timely manner.
- Support all reviews and planning processes at FHOK, including the generation of proposals/concept papers.
- Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Biostatistics or related field.
- Special professional training in M&E will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in M&E
- Demonstrated experience in Health MIS, preferably SRH/HIV AIDS
- Advanced computer skills including SPSS, EPi, Info, and MS Access.
- Knowledge of research methods including epidemiological research
- Excellent proposal writing skills
- A good understanding of current issues in Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS.
- Good knowledge of the MOH (HMIS), including the sectional M&E Framework.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good report writing, analysis and communication skills.
- Must be a result oriented and team player,
- Flexible and adaptable, innovative, self-motivated and independent.
- Must be willing to travel from time to time.
Interested candidates should forward their applications quoting the position reference number and attaching a full CV, current and expected salary details, copies of certificates and names and addresses of three referees to be received not later than 30th June 2012.
Applications received later than the deadline date will lead to automatic disqualification.
FHOK is an equal opportunity employer and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Apply in confidence to:
Family Health Options Kenya
P.O Box 30581- 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and conversing will lead to automatic disqualification.