Under the overall supervision of the Officer in Charge (O.I.C.) FAO Somalia and the direct supervision of the Head of the Planning and Coordination Unit, the incumbent will undertake the following;
- Provide support to Planning and Coordination Unit of the FAO Somalia offices in its daily programming and coordination tasks including collecting inputs from different sectors, initial drafting of potential programmes and projects as well as best practices and periodical reports;
- Review best practices available in relation to Aid Framework in conflict contexts and assist in identifying FAO contribution in the definition of future Aid Framework for Somalia;
- Draft Country briefs and periodical country reports according to the requests of the regional offices –SFE- and HQ based offices;
- Facilitate liaison between the cluster lead agency, FAO, the cluster chair and the FSC;
- Any other duty upon request of the Officer in Charge and the Programming and Coordination Unit Head.
Education: A relevant university degree in Agriculture, Project Management or International Relations.
- At least three years professional experience in project management.
- Previous work Experience for a UN or International organization in Somalia will be an added advantage.
- Previous work experience in the UN environment will be considered an advantage;
- Significant Project Management experience would be an asset especially in working with Somalia/Somali people
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of computers especially Microsoft Office Package
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
Send your application to:
Applications may also be faxed, again clearly indicating CONFIDENTIAL – FAO/024/2012 in the subject line, to +254-20-4000333.
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.